Lamar (Prowers) 4/29

Mark Miller

Apr 29, 2024, 9:21:12 PMApr 29
to Cobirds
Hi Everyone,

I spent all day today 4/29 birding around Lamar, mainly at the community college and at Riverside Cemetery. At LCC, two Great Crested Flycatchers made their presence known all day long. I was able to get some photos. A Nashville Warbler and an Eastern Phoebe were at the north end. A noisy Broad-winged Hawk was at the south end. An Olive-sided Flycatcher and two White-throated Sparrows were in the middle section. Chimney Swifts are back; the kites are not. Riverside Cemetery had a singing Yellow Warbler. Pine Siskins were on the grass chowing down on dandelions.

Off to Kansas tomorrow.

Mark Miller
Beaverton, OR