Would someone help me identify the bird who made this call, please?

Phoenix Kwan

May 26, 2017, 1:54:19 PM5/26/17
to cob...@googlegroups.com
I had a bird making this call repeatedly in my Broomfield neighborhood earlier this week.  I finally saw it perch on a wire over my backyard a couple days ago. I immediately went back inside to grab my binoculars, but, of course, the bird was gone when I got out.  But from my 5-second look of it, it was about the size of a house finch and may be a little bit bigger.

I'd greatly appreciate it if someone can tell me what this bird is.

unknown bird call.aiff

Ted Floyd

May 26, 2017, 3:26:21 PM5/26/17
to Colorado Birds
Hey, everybody. I'm guessing Phoenix isn't the only person who wants to know; hence the group response. The mystery birds is a Say phoebe, Sayornis saya.

A few birds from Greenlee Preserve, Boulder County, & environs earlier today, Friday, May 26: wood ducks, hooded merganser, peregrine falcon, various empids including a gray flycatcher, western warbling-vireo, bushtits, Swainson thrushes, gray catbird, MacGillivray, Audubon, and Wilson warblers; a spotted towhee singing a crazy song; and western tanager. And back on Wednesday, May 24, at the preserve: 3 snowy egrets, a male black-chinned hummingbird, a least flycatcher, and a lesser goldfinch.

Ted Floyd
Lafayette, Boulder County