Very few shorebirds in Boulder county!

Peter Burke

Sep 8, 2013, 9:27:53 PM9/8/13
to Colorado Birds
COBirders,
Christian Nunes and I woke early this morning, well, early-ish, and spent some time along Old St. Vrain Road in Lyons. The riparian area along the river was fairly birdy, with highlights including Indigo Bunting, Chestnut-sided Warbler and Plumbeous Vireo.

We then switched into shorebird mode hitting several likely areas in the eastern county...only there were virtually no shorebirds! One American Avocet at Little Gaynor Lake; One Spotted Sandpiper, one Greater Yellowlegs and four Solitary Sandpipers at Walden Ponds and 14 Wilson's Phalarope at Panama Reservoir.

Perhaps the cooler air next week will spark some migration?

--

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/peter-burke/5/788/a62