Pomarine Jaeger - Chatfield State Park

Peter Burke

Oct 16, 2016, 10:18:10 PM10/16/16
to Colorado Birds
Cobirders,
The last week has been Homecoming at CU Boulder, one of my busiest times of year, so when I read the news about the Chatfield Pomarine Jaeger, well, let's just say I was happy for all of you who were able to see the bird. Every day I expected to hear that it had left...

It's tough having to work, knowing a life bird is just a 30-minute drive away. When I arrived at Chatfield State Park around noon today, there were more boats than birds. Not a good sign. I did see a few birders, but none had found the Jaeger. Yet patience paid off and I was able to locate the bird from a shady vantage near the north boat ramp around 3:30 or so.

And speaking of boats, a huge thanks to Dave and Laurie who graciously guided me in their very cool little speed boat. We got pretty good looks at the bird!

Good birding,
Peter

Peter Burke

935 11th St. Boulder, CO 80302