40 acres of Burrowing Owl land, Weld County

137 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Susan Rosine

ungelesen,
31.12.2021, 15:56:5531.12.21
an Colorado Birds
I just found out some very sad news. There is a 40 acre plot of land outside of Keenesburg in Weld County where I watch burrowing owls every year. A developer bought the land, and is selling 6-8 acre size lots. When I called the realtor, she informed me that if I buy a plot, I'm required to build on it. Also, the price on the website was wrong...it was actually DOUBLE that. Hey, even if I wanted a six acre home, that is about the ugliest place ever; I'd never spend that much for land. There are GIANT power lines running the whole south side of the 40 acres.
I am guessing since Burrowing Owls are not protected (many of us remember when they were building DIA; the owls lost) that the owls will have to (hopefully) find a new spot. I'll miss "my" owls l.
I just had to share my sadness with people who would understand.
Thank you,
Susan Rosine
Brighton, Adams County
Allen antworten