Larimer County, Lory State Park, Northern pygmy owl

Libby Edwards

Nov 30, 2017, 9:47:27 PM11/30/17
to cob...@googlegroups.com
On top of the Howard trail in Lory, at about 3 pm today, November 30, there was a pygmy owl flying through the trees and then he lit on top of a ponderosa and proceeded to turn his head this way and that.  We watched him for a good long while and he never left his perch while we were there.

On November 23rd at about 8-9 am, 4 evening grosbeaks came to our water in the backyard in northwest Fort Collins.  They stayed around for about 15 minutes exploring my vegetable garden and drinking, and then they were gone.

Libby Edwards
Larimer County
Fort Collins