RMBO Banding at Connected Lakes State Park, Grand Junction

Linnea Rowse

Sep 27, 2013, 9:38:51 PM9/27/13
to ws...@yahoogroups.com, cob...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

We've just completed the first week of bird banding at Connected Lakes State Park, in Grand Junction. I will be banding here for 4 weeks, working with Grand Valley Audubon Society educators in teaching 4th graders about the importance of birds and bird banding.

A brief summary of species and numbers (including recaps) we have caught so far follows:

Friday, 9/20/13 - our first day of banding (no school group that day): Total -6 birds
Western Scrub-Jay - 1
Juniper Titmouse - 2
American Robin - 1
White-crowned Sparrow - 2

Monday, 9/23/13: Total -5
American Robin - 1
Wilson's Warbler - 2
White-crowned Sparrow - 1
Oregon Junco - 1

Tuesday, 9/24/13: Total - 13
Black-capped Chickadee - 5
Juniper Titmouse - 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet - 1
American Robin - 2
Wilson's Warbler - 1
Spotted Towhee - 1
White-crowned Sparrow - 2

Wednesday, 9/25/13: Total - 10
Bushtit - 4
American Robin - 1
Orange-crowned Warbler - 1
Wilson's Warbler - 1
Spotted Towhee - 1
White-crowned Sparrow - 2

Thursday, 9/26/13: Total -10
Bushtit - 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet - 3
Wilson's Warbler - 1
Spotted Towhee - 2
White-crowned Sparrow - 2
House Sparrow - 1

Friday, 9/27/13: Total - 4
Hammond's Flycatcher - 1
American Robin - 1
White-crowned Sparrow - 2

Our public day is scheduled for Saturday, 10/12/2013, from about 7:30am-12:00pm.

Linnea Rowse
Bird Bander
Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory

--