Pacific Northwest Spotted Towhee-Jeffco-Golden

Ira Sanders

Mar 28, 2017, 2:52:29 PM3/28/17
to cobirds
Birders
For the last couple of days I have a bird at my feeders that matches the Pacific Northwest ssp of Spotted Towhee.  Very few white spots and extensively dark rufous sides.  The song also seems to be different.

--
Ira Sanders
Golden, CO

Susan Rosine

Mar 29, 2017, 9:38:19 PM3/29/17
to Colorado Birds
Lucky you! I lived in Western Washington for 17 years, and I know the "Rufous-sided Towhee" (as we called it back then) oh so well.
Susan Rosine
Thornton