Rosy-Finches/Goshawk - Golden - Jeffco

Ira Sanders

Dec 30, 2014, 2:42:05 PM12/30/14
to cobirds
Birders,
An update on the above birds: Rosy-Finches are here even with the sun trying to break thru and the Goshawk was just in the backyard tree but flew off toward the foothills.  At least he is still around.
Doug Kibbe saw a Black or 2.  The rest seem to be Gray-crowned.

--
Ira Sanders
Golden, CO

Ira Sanders

Jan 2, 2015, 1:00:32 AM1/2/15
to cobirds
Birders,
I will post 1st thing in the morning if the Rosy's are here.
Also, the Goshawk was seen again today at about 2:45 pm.  It was chasing an Eurasian Collared Dove.  Hope it caught it.
And, in regards to raptors seen eating ECDO's, Jeff Skrentny, a birder from Chicago  who came to see the Rosy's, told me he saw a Red-tailed Hawk with an ECDO in it's talons.  I have noticed their numbers seem to be down around my house.