House Wren - Jeffco - Golden

Ira Sanders

Oct 23, 2020, 10:54:46 PM10/23/20
to cobirds
Birders,
Today I was surprised to find a House Wren in the field up the street from the house as I was walking the dogs this afternoon about 2:30.  I was pishing up a flock of Zonotrichia sparrows and the wren suddenly popped up.  I got a good look at it so I have no doubt about what I saw.  Seems really late but I guess it's finding something to eat.
Earlier in the day I had a dark morph Rough-legged Hawk between 6th Ave and the Fossil Trace Golf Course in Golden.

--
Ira Sanders
Golden, CO