Fwd: American 3-toed Woodpecker - Jeffco

Ira Sanders

Nov 27, 2016, 8:53:23 AM11/27/16
to cobirds

I'm trying this a 2nd time because it appears it didn't go thru the 1st try on Friday.
​

Birders,
I had the pleasure of taking a birder from Oregon out today and she managed 4 lifers on her birthday, not least of which was a male Amer 3-toed Woodpecker at the site west of Sedalia near Rampart Range Rd.
​Thanks to Dan Stringer for telling they were still there.​
Thanks to Mark and Darrin and the others who pointed out the Swamp Sparrow to us at the Wheat Ridge Greenbelt.
A bonus bird was the Snow Bunting.
The 3rd bird of the day was a Pacific Loon at Marston and we finally managed to get her good looks at a Woodhouse's Scrub Jay at my house.  They were amazingly absent earlier today.

--
Ira Sanders
Golden, CO