Tree Swallows + - Summit County, Colorado

Ed Baker

Apr 25, 2015, 11:35:14 AM4/25/15
to CobirdsGoogle
FIRST OF SEASON

Tree Swallows - at nesting sites along my BB Trail
They were not present as of 6 pm Friday eve, so they just arrived.  That's my take on it.

At one of the nest sites the Swallows were dive-bombing the Mt Bluebird pair that has claimed one of the nestboxes.  There are alternate sites from which to choose, so no problem there.

Juncos - I have had a yard-full of Juncos for past 10 days.
Normally I will get one here, one there, but this is a greater number so I' ve witnessed behavior I had not seen before, i.e.,

They want mealworms will eat seed if that's the only-game-in-town.

When one or two locate a food source, they fight other encroaching Juncos.I didn't think they had such aggressiveness.

Western Grebe - 1 lone Grebe on Lake Dillon

Bonnie Boex
Dillon