Photos of Merlin I found last week feasting on an unknown bird

Visto 39 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

SeEttaM .

no leída,
25 nov 2015, 0:42:2025/11/15
a cob...@googlegroups.com
I have had some computer issues so am behind on photos.  I have uploaded several photos of the Prairie Merlin I found last week in Otero County including several super enlarged to show the dangling legs and lower body of a bird it was eating.  It's long toes and nails are clearly visible and it appears it had 2 toes facing forward and one facing back.  I am not sure what species this bird this is.  The photos are on my blog @ BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com

And it has been brought to my attention that I misidentified the hawk I thought was a late Broad-winged Hawk.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com
Responder a todos