Harlan's Red-tailed Hawk near Lamar

SeEttaM .

Mar 16, 2016, 1:14:10 AM3/16/16
to cob...@googlegroups.com
I drove through the Lamar area yesterday and spotted a typical dark Harlan's Red-tailed Hawk--black body except for whitish breast, mostly white tail, black underwing coverts with light underside of the flight feathers..  While not late yet with a few seen this month around eastern Colorado, it is getting time for these Alaska breeders to be heading north. I haven't seen any of the several we had in Canon City for about a month.

I spotted a Greater Roadrunner in Fremont County recently and have uploaded a series of 6 photos to my Birds and Nature blog.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com