Wood Ducks very high up a tree, 'house hunting' along the Canon City Riverwalk

SeEttaM

Apr 10, 2018, 1:29:46 AM4/10/18
to cob...@googlegroups.com
A few days ago while walking on the Canon City Riverwalk I spotted a male Wood Duck high up in a large cottonwood tree  about 70-80 feet above the ground.  I was really surprised as I have never seen a Wood Duck so high above the ground. After watching it for a bit a female Wood Duck appeared from behind a large branch in the same tree but about 10-15 feet below the male.  I took a pic that shows how high up the male was above the ground that I have uploaded to my Birds and Nature blog along with information on Wood Duck house hunting.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com