Pinyon Jays, one gathering nesting material in western Fremont County

SeEttaM .

Mar 30, 2014, 1:55:28 AM3/30/14
to cob...@googlegroups.com
This afternoon I birded the Bighorn Sheep Canyon area of Fremont County.  Among the birds I saw was a flock of 60-70 Pinyon Jays that were being fairly quiet in some pinyon juniper.  As I watched I spotted one on the ground pulling grass with it's bill, apparently gathering nesting material. Though I have found Pinyon Jay creches before I have never found a nesting area (note:  I do not reveal nesting locations for sensitive species).   I got some photos that I have uploaded onto my Birds and Nature blog.  I will post separately about other birding today later.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com