Juv Broad-winged Hawk fly-by in Florence area yesterday

SeEttaM .

Jul 29, 2014, 4:42:22 PM7/29/14
to cob...@googlegroups.com
I had internet connections problems last night so could not post. Yesterday while walking in Florence River Park at the edge of that small town I spotted a juvenile Broad-winged Hawk flying by.  I got photos that while not great do provide field marks when edited and I have now uploaded those to my Birds and Nature blog.  Broad-winged Hawks are  seen in Colorado during migration with most sightings during spring and t is rare to have this species in Colorado in mid-summer.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com