Western Tanagers moving through Canon City in good numbers

SeEttaM .

Aug 26, 2014, 2:52:13 AM8/26/14
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Yesterday I saw about 2 dozen migrating Western Tanagers along the Arkansas River as it runs through Canon City.  I got a couple of photos of one who hawd just had a quick bath in a ditch that I have posted on my Birds and Nature blog

Today I checked Brush Hollow State Wildlife Area.  Though fairly quiet bird-wise, there was a singing bird I believe was an American Redstart though since I did not see I would hate to call it with the potential for mimicking (especially since Ted Floyd recorded a Yellow-breasted Chat that sounded perfectly like a Curve-billed Thrasher)

And a late report:  I watched a Western Screech-Owl in a tree in my backyard last week for 45 minutes.   That is the second time since I have lived a few hundred yards from the greenbelt around the Canon City Riverwalk that I have spotted one of these in my yard.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City

SeEtta Moss
Canon City