Close-up experience and photos of Plumbeous Vireo at Red Canyon Park near Canon City yesterday

SeEtta Moss

Aug 21, 2013, 2:03:43 AM8/21/13
to cob...@googlegroups.com
I have processed my photos of a Plumbeous Vireo I had the pleasure of having a very close-up experience with yesterday in Red Canyon Park north of Canon City.   I was fortunate to be near where a small mixed flock was eating their way as they went through the area I had stopped to bird in.  There were 2 Plumbeous Vireos, at least 2 Juniper Titmouse, and several Chipping Sparrows (or maybe just moving through in their own small flock at the same time as the others).  When one of Plumbeous Vireos flew into a pinyon pine tree I moved closer until I was under the outer limbs of the tree and less than 3 feet from the vireo and a titmouse.  They continued foraging, ignoring me as though I was just another limb on the tree--what an enjoyable experience.  I have uploaded photos of this Plumbeous Vireo to my Birds and Nature blog and for a change I didn't have to use my extended zoom lens and cropping to get close-up photos.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
Personal blog @ http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com
Blogging for Birds an Blooms Magazine @ http://BirdsAndBloomsBlog.com