Red Canyon Park field trip yesterday: Gray Flycatchers, Pinyon Jays, Juniper Titmouse and more

SeEttaM .

Aug 24, 2014, 11:56:58 PM8/24/14
to cob...@googlegroups.com
The field trip I led yesterday for 11 participants to Red Canyon Park was very productive with most target species seen.  I refound the Gray Flycatcher family I have been following for the past 2 weeks and everyone got excellent views of them and heard their frequent contact calls.  In addition to these Gray Flycatchers, we saw a couple of more individuals plus another family that foraged nearby as we had lunch and provided views of a parent feeding a fledgling.  Other flycatcher species were one Olive-sided Flycatcher, Western Wood-Pewee, and at least one other empid spp. We saw several Pinyon Jays, Juniper Titmouse and Virginia's Warblers and more.  I have a photo of one of the juvenile Gray Flycatchers I got yesterday (as well as the group in front of some of red rock formations) that I have uploaded to my Birds and Nature blog.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com