Additional Black Phoebes plus Black Phoebe nest building in Canon City area

SeEttaM .

Mar 26, 2017, 1:14:35 AM3/26/17
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Yesterday I found an apparent second pair of Black Phoebes along the Arkansas River near the MacKenzie Ave bridge.  This is a location where this species has nested for some years.  They can often be seen from the bridge on MacKenzie Ave but do be very careful as there is a lot of traffic here and many are speeding.

Today I found a single Black Phoebe on private property where there has been historic nesting.

Also today I observed a Black Phoebe gathering and bringing vegetation and mud to a site I have suspected as a nest site but was unable to confirm in previous years.  I got photos of her and her mate who stayed nearby including one with her in flight carrying nesting material.  I have uploaded these to my Birds and Nature blog.

There are a few Turkey Vultures nesting in Canon City.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City