Yellow-bellied and Williamson's Sapsuckers in Canon City

SeEttaM .

Dec 8, 2017, 2:51:01 AM12/8/17
to cob...@googlegroups.com
It has been a slow fall for sapsuckers in the Canon City area this year. I found my first Williamson's Sapsucker on Oct 10 in a dry gulch south of town then didn't find any in Canon City until November.  Things have picked up in the past week with an immature male Yellow-bellied, 2 male Williamson's and 1-2 female Williamson's Sapsuckers around town.   Note I do not post specific locations as there are a couple of local photographers who have pushed sapsuckers feeding at lower areas of trees by approaching until they flush them.  I have a few photos of the Yellow-bellied and a bright male Williamson's uploaded along with some natural history  info for sapsuckers in this area on my Birds and Nature blog.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com