The female Scissor-tailed Flycatcher tonight south of Florence

SeEttaM .

Jul 24, 2014, 2:16:46 AM7/24/14
to cob...@googlegroups.com
As I had a meeting to attend in Rockvale which is not far from where the Scissor-tailed Flycatchers have been seen I stopped by just after 6:30 pm to see if they would be around.  I spotted the female and got one quick photo before she flew off.   While not nearly as good as the photos I got earlier this week of  the male it does show her much shorter tail so I have uploaded it to my Birds and Nature blog.

Interestingly I saw close to a hundred Lark Buntings near the flycatcher and in other grassland areas nearby--this is most unusual.  They were in flocks so may be just migrating through but I have never seen this many south of Florence.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com