Solitary Sandpiper at Pawnee Buttes

Amber Carver

Aug 19, 2013, 10:53:22 AM8/19/13
to cob...@googlegroups.com
We took a trip up to the Pawnee Grassland this weekend.  We saw a Solitary Sandpiper in a mud puddle on the road near the buttes.  I know there have been many sightings of them this year on the front range, but not so many out on the plains.

There was lots of other bird activity, but nothing exciting... unless you get excited by dozens of Swainson's Hawks.

-Amber Carver
Littleton

Michael Tincher

Aug 30, 2013, 2:24:15 PM8/30/13
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Where exactly did you see all those SWHA's? Were they in kettle's? We have about a dozen birds that are ready for release and we are in search of kettles.
Thanks.

Michael Tincher
Rocky Mountain Raptor Program