Lamar Community College, Prowers Co. 4/27

Brandon

Apr 27, 2021, 4:12:37 PM4/27/21
to cobirds
It felt a lot like spring this morning at LCC, Prowers County, in SE Colorado.  My highlights (mostly birded with Dan, Chuck, and Michael from northern Colorado): Singing male Northern Parula (North end), other warblers: one Yellow, three Wilson's, few Orange-crowned, one Common Yellowthroat, many Yellow-rumped. Other birds: singing two Carolina Wrens, one Red-bellied Woodpecker, six Northern Cardinals, two White-winged Doves, a Woodhouse's Scrub-Jay, a Common Poorwill, two male Lazuli Buntings, male Black-chinned Hummingbird, male Bullock's Oriole, two Western Kingbirds, few Chimney Swifts, a House Wren, two Hermit Thrush, four Brown Thrashers, among others. Other birders saw a second Northern Parula and Red-naped Sapsucker. It was mostly overcast, and not windy for over the three hours I was there.

Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO
(currently not in Pueblo West)