Kit Carson Co. 5.28 (Golden-winged Warbler/Alder Flycatcher)

Brandon Percival

May 28, 2016, 6:33:34 PM5/28/16
to cobirds

Mark Peterson, Kara Carragher, and I went out and birded Flagler State Wildlife Area, in Kit Carson County this morning (28 May 2016).

Highlights below the dam:  singing male Golden-winged Warbler, and three Red-eyed Vireos.  In some other trees around the lake, we saw a heard an Alder Flycatcher.  Other things that seems to be cause e-bird flags:  one Gray-headed Junco and one Red-breasted Nuthatch.  Other migrants:  Olive-sided, Willow, Least Flycatchers, Swainson's Thrushes, Yellow-rumped (Myrtle") Warbler, Lincoln's and Clay-colored Sparrows.  We had around 70 species at Flagler SWA today.

On the way home back to Pueblo West, around 3:00pm or so, I saw the Pacific Loon at Big Johnson Reservoir, El Paso County.  Sounds like everyone who has looked today is seeing it.

Good birding,

--
Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO