singing Eastern Phoebe in Pueblo 3/25

Brandon

Mar 25, 2019, 2:21:18 PM3/25/19
to cobirds

Sounds like there were lots of Eastern Phoebes in SE Colorado and other places yesterday.  This morning, one was singing west of Valco Ponds parking lot in Pueblo (there's usually nesting pair or two, around Pueblo most years recently).  I also saw a Black Phoebe, perhaps the one that wintered around there.  I saw a few Tree Swallows, a Lincoln's Sparrow, and three Ospreys (they are all over Pueblo now, and not hard to find).

Saturday, the wintering Red-bellied Woodpecker and a White-throated Sparrow, were west of the Pueblo Nature Center in Pueblo.  Also, saw Lincoln's Sparrow, Common Grackles, Lesser Goldfinch.  I found 57 species, while walking this area that morning.

Happy Spring birding all,

--
Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO