Swallow-tailed Kite Lamar (Prowers Co) CO 10Aug2017

Janeal Thompson

Aug 10, 2017, 4:12:11 PM8/10/17
to cobirds
At 8:18 a.m., during a heavy rain, Bryant Will, retired DOW Officer called to tell me he saw a Swallow-tailed Kite near his home.  After careful searching, I, with the help of Tammy Gonzales, was able to re-find the bird near Oak and 14th, 2 1/2 hours later, several blocks from Bryant's home.  Local birders, Jane Stulp and Duane Nelson also saw the bird with us and Duane's brief sighting was at approximately, 12:05 p.m. This sighting was the last.  We have continued to look for the bird until this posting but it has not been re-found.  I will be posting Bryant's photo as the finder.

For any person wanting to see this bird, please note it is extremely erratic and I can not give specific directions to it, unfortunately.  It was flying with the various flocks of Mississppii Kites on a couple of occasions.  I wish to thank Bryant and Linda Will for calling me about this great find.

Brandon

Aug 10, 2017, 7:49:24 PM8/10/17
to janealt...@gmail.com, cobirds
Is anyone planning to look for this bird tomorrow in Lamar?  If someone does find it, please post as soon as possible.  Hopefully if there are people searching all over Lamar, it can be found and seen by more people.

Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO

On Thursday, August 10, 2017, Janeal Thompson <janealt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> At 8:18 a.m., during a heavy rain, Bryant Will, retired DOW Officer called to tell me he saw a Swallow-tailed Kite near his home.  After careful searching, I, with the help of Tammy Gonzales, was able to re-find the bird near Oak and 14th, 2 1/2 hours later, several blocks from Bryant's home.  Local birders, Jane Stulp and Duane Nelson also saw the bird with us and Duane's brief sighting was at approximately, 12:05 p.m. This sighting was the last.  We have continued to look for the bird until this posting but it has not been re-found.  I will be posting Bryant's photo as the finder.
>
> For any person wanting to see this bird, please note it is extremely erratic and I can not give specific directions to it, unfortunately.  It was flying with the various flocks of Mississppii Kites on a couple of occasions.  I wish to thank Bryant and Linda Will for calling me about this great find.

Brandon K. Percival
Pueblo West, CO

Sent from my Android

Brandon