Crowley County 5/31

Brandon

May 31, 2023, 8:46:34 PM5/31/23
to cobirds
Van Truan and I saw a few interesting late migrants and rarities in Crowley County this afternoon (31 May).  A Laughing Gull was at Lake Henry, and a Wood Thrush, Summer Tanager, and adult male Indigo Bunting at Olney Springs.  Ordway Reservoir had water in it again, it was dry last fall when I was there, a Swainson's Thrush was the only late migrant there.  There was a lot of water at both Lake Henry and Lake Meredith, without much shorebird habitat (also lots of campers).  Lake Cheraw in Otero County, had a late migrant Lesser Yellowlegs.

Brandon K. Percival
Pueblo West,  CO