Pueblo birding 12/22

Brandon

Dec 22, 2021, 8:26:50 PM12/22/21
to cobirds
My highlights today around Pueblo, most birds are continuing:

Valco Pond #4:
Eurasian Wigeon - 1 male
Surf Scoter - 1

Pueblo West Gravel Pit:
Barrow's Goldeneye - 1 male (1st one I've seen in Pueblo this fall/winter)
Great Black-backed Gull - 1 2nd year (nice find yesterday by Diane Roberts)
Lesser Black-backed Gull - 1 adult, 1 first year, 1 third year

Pueblo City Park:
Snow Goose - 1 immature

Historic Arkansas RiverWalk Project (HARP):
Chestnut-sided Warbler - 2 ! seen together

Pueblo Reservoir, from the north side from the dam to North Picnic Road:
Red-throated Loon - 1
Pacific Loon - 1
Common Loon - 3
Red-necked Grebe - 1 (new bird, none seen on the CBC)
American White Pelican  - 3 (could see them over by the South Shore Marina)
Bonaparte's Gulls, Western, Horned and Eared Grebes

Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO