Adult Yellow-crowned Night-Heron in Pueblo City Park 5/27

Brandon

May 27, 2020, 11:55:49 AM5/27/20
to cobirds
I was at Pueblo City Park this morning, before 7am, when I saw an adult Yellow-crowned Night-Heron fly over me and headed east.  I am guessing it was roosting at Lake Joy in the middle of Pueblo City Park.  Maybe it will return here later today.  This is my first adult Yellow-crowned Night-Heron in Pueblo County in many years, maybe like the 1990s was the last one.

The Red-eyed Vireo continues to sing on the west side of Pueblo City Park and the Eastern Wood-Pewee continues to sing 0.33 miles west of Pueblo Blvd on the bike path on the North side of the Arkansas River.  I was able to get a recording of it this morning.

Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO