Anna's Hummingbird records in Colorado

Brandon

Apr 12, 2018, 7:04:40 PM4/12/18
to cobirds

The only counties with CBRC accepted records of Anna's Hummingbirds, if you are wondering, are:
Alamosa (one)
Boulder (two)
Delta (one)
Douglas (one)
Jefferson (two)
La Plata (one)
Larimer (two)
Mesa (two)
Pueblo (two)
this equals 14.

I know the 2015 record of one in Las Animas County, still hasn't been voted in/accepted yet.  I think most of these birds, weren't adult males (mostly females, immature birds).  I know one in Pueblo County was adult male, the 1st one, and the Las Animas County bird was as well.  The first state record was in 1974 in Pueblo County, and the last one accepted was 2013 (so far).  Very shocking to have an "invasion" of two Anna's Hummingbirds in Colorado today!  I guess I better get a hummingbird feeder out, since I haven't seen one in Pueblo County yet.  Two of the state records of Broad-billed Hummingbirds, have also occurred this time of year!  Watch your hummingbird feeders closely, never know what might show up.

--
Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO