LECONTE’s SPARROW, Larimer County

Nicholas Komar

Apr 25, 2020, 9:36:37 AM4/25/20
to Colorado Birds
I visited Topminnow Natural Area in southeast Fort Collins yesterday evening. Highlights were Willet, 3 White-faced Ibis, and a heard only LeConte’s Sparrow. Details uploaded to eBird. https://ebird.org/checklist/S67752803

There is just one previous eBird record for Larimer County, from April 25, 1998. Hopefully it listened to Bryan Guarente’s forecast and sticks around.  A photo would be nice. Meanwhile, I will add the audio to iNaturalist for the City Challenge this weekend.

Nick Komar
Fort Collins CO

Adam Johnson

Apr 25, 2020, 11:00:12 AM4/25/20
to Colorado Birds
Isn't Topminnow closed to public access still?

Adam Johnson
Fort Collins

Nicholas Komar

Apr 25, 2020, 4:40:30 PM4/25/20
to adamjohn...@gmail.com, Colorado Birds
You can bird from the fence line along East Horsetooth Rd.

Nick Komar