Clear Springs Ranch, El Paso, Co, Sunday

Steve Brown

Apr 26, 2015, 3:00:48 PM4/26/15
to COBirds
Hi COBirders,

Even though it was pouring in NW Colorado Springs this morning, it was just drizzly and windy with a low ceiling for banding south of Fountain. Small birds were moving north all morning, although most were staying up in the cottonwoods.

Seen moving: 25 Franklin's Gulls, 20 WF Ibis, 20 Tree Swallows, several small flocks each of Myrtle and Audubon's Yellow-rumped Warblers, and Gambell's White-crowned Sparrows.

Banded today: 12 GWCS, Lincoln's Sparrow, Song Sparrow, male Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, Male Com Yellowthroat, and a recaptured male Yellow Warbler banded by me last August. I wonder where he had been?

Good birding,
Steve Brown
Colorado Springs

Sent from my iPad