Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Tom Hall, Fort Collins

ungelesen,
26.12.2020, 12:44:1426.12.20
an Colorado Birds
The Fort Collins Christmas Bird COunt was held Dec. 19th.  We had a great day with 93 participants despite the new Covid rules, which were followed.  We got 100 species, which has only been done a couple times.  Rarities included 5 Trumpeter swans, two Red-breasted Mergansers, a late Turkey Vulture, a Sora, five Eastern Bluebirds, a Vesper Sparrow, and a Lincoln's Sparrow.  High counts were recorded for the swans, Wild Turkeys (increasing greatly along Front Range), Black-capped Chickadees aqnd Pygmy Nuthatches.  Rough-legged (1) and Ferruginous (cw) Hawks, which is much lower than normal. Coots were low at 1 and Ring-necked Pheasants, a once common bird,  was absent for at lleast the last 6 years. Colorado's wildfires likely helped counts of mountain birds, especially many more than normal being seen in Fort Collins, which is abnormal.  It turned out to be a great count and I appreciate everyone's hard efforts.

Tom Hall
Fort Collins

Caleb A

ungelesen,
26.12.2020, 14:00:5326.12.20
an Colorado Birds
Hi Tom!
Is there a google sheet with the totals like there were from the compilation last year? I have friends and family curious to know what I was up to all that time ;)
The birds are happy, and so am I
~Caleb Alons, Larimer County

Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor