Northern Mockingbird, Adams

Jeff Percell

Jan 20, 2021, 11:12:26 AM1/20/21
to Colorado Birds
I spotted a Northern Mockingbird at McKay lake in Adams County just before noon. Not sure if it is that noteworthy to share on a list like this as I'm fairly new to the group, but it looks like it's fairly rare this far North, this time of year.

Here's a link to the checklist. The bird was on the Southeast notch of the lake where the houses are closest to the lake. The bird flew from a cluster of trees on the lake across the trail to a backyard that had some Russian Olive trees in it.

Happy birding,
Jeff

Gary Bowen (Thornton)

Feb 3, 2021, 7:21:15 PM2/3/21
to Colorado Birds
I can confirm - saw it a couple days later, same location as described.

Gary Bowen
Thornton, CO