Bushtits - Adams County

ronbco

May 31, 2018, 2:03:30 PM5/31/18
to Colorado Birds
a small group in trees next to the DigitalGlobe west parking structure, eating insects (sometimes hanging on the underside) on the tree blossoms
I was stumped on the id because the merlin app did not show it as a potential match with their id tool.
Also, these were much less "fluffy" than most pics.
For a bit I thought they might be gray vireos but they are a bit larger and much less likely and not in groups.
ebird frequency in Adams county is pretty low
...the education continues

ronbco

May 31, 2018, 6:15:17 PM5/31/18
to Colorado Birds
I forgot to give the location in more helpful terms....trees next to parking garage at SE corner of 120th and Pecos...though I know they are not back there this afternoon when I checked.

Ron Bolton
Berthoud