Environmental Learning Center, Fort Collins, Larimer County

Brad Biggerstaff

Aug 23, 2013, 11:26:04 PM8/23/13
to cob...@googlegroups.com
To add to recent reports of passerine migration:  this morning between 7:30 and 8:30 at the Environmental Learning Center in east Fort Collins, I saw, heard, and photographed at least one Northern Waterthrush along the Poudre River.  I write "at least one" because I saw such a bird on two separate occasions but not that far apart in time, but at parts of the river that were, as the river flows, a fair distance apart; but birds do fly, though, and this was (or these were) naturally active birds.

I also saw some half-dozen Wilson's Warblers;  also in attendance were a Spotted Sandpiper, a Great Horned Owl, a Brown Thrasher, a Blue Grosbeak, among others.

Brad Biggerstaff
Fort Collins