Evening Grosbeak, COS, El Paso Co, Saturday

Steve Brown

Jan 24, 2015, 2:05:18 PM1/24/15
to COBirds
Hi COBirders,

I caught and banded a pair of adult Evening Grosbeaks in my yard today, NW COS, Mountain Shadows. There has been a flock in the area intermittently for a couple weeks, but these are the first I've had a chance to handle. There were six here, at the same time, last weekend.

Also, I banded 5 more Cassin's Finches today, making a total of 81 this season. Almost all are young birds, so un-sexable, except for one young male with a handful of pink/red feathers scattered around the body. The irruption continues!

Steve Brown
Colorado Springs

Sent from my iPad