Trumpeter Swans, Lakewood, Jeffco

Marilyn

Mar 14, 2020, 2:55:08 PM3/14/20
to Colorado Birds
Posting for Bob Santangelo who just took this pic.

Trumpeter Swans
Addenbrooke Park
600 S. Kipling
Lakewood

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CFObirds/permalink/10156739963102038/

Marilyn Rhodes
Evergreen, CO

Eric Dinkel

Mar 14, 2020, 3:11:59 PM3/14/20
to Colorado Birds
Aren’t these the decoys that were being discussed last week or so?

Marilyn Rhodes

Mar 14, 2020, 3:16:39 PM3/14/20
to endi...@gmail.com, cob...@googlegroups.com
Eric,
Just spoke with Bob. He said there are 6 of the swans on this little pond and they are very much alive.
Marilyn

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/0b555aa5-1466-4516-9a15-9ee31a17fddb%40googlegroups.com.

Joe Roller

Mar 14, 2020, 3:39:33 PM3/14/20
to jroller9@gmail.com revans9173@aol.com mcburger3@juno.com KBrandin@rcn.com KBrandin@rcn.com mcburger3@juno.com revans9173@aol.com cageorgiadis@yahoo.com Kezgold@comcast.net Peggy.Gonder@GonderPR.com pat_heller@msn.com d_d_hill@comcast.net hoovie710@comcast.net dpkibbe@msn.com ltlevinson@comcast.net cmadsen08@gmail.com LM1Crow@aol.com kay@kayniyo.com cloverlane@aol.com sheasanborn@yahoo.com dseiden5068@me.com ricconcal@comcast.net ricconcal@comcast.net hstra10@comcast.net KBrandin@rcn.com egseagle171@aol.com karenvs@comcast.net bruwebb@surewest.net Huse@aol.com, endi...@gmail.com, Colorado Birds
It would be helpful to describe the observations that confirmed they were alive, as
it is such a coincidence to have them there, right where the decoys were recently.
Were they swimming, foraging, flapping wings, interacting?
"Trust, but verify".

Joe Roller, Denver

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/974813444.5691748.1584213392225%40mail.yahoo.com.

birderbob

Mar 14, 2020, 4:56:15 PM3/14/20
to Colorado Birds
Yep, sorry for the alarm - they are decoys. Left the house to go up in the mountains w/o bins - driving my wife’s car (she doesn’t keep any in her car). When we got to the park, it’s a little cloudy and I think I’m seeing swans! They are fooling park visitors as well, as there was a guy on a bike watching them too. Of course I didn’t want to get too close and disturb them so I took some crappy cell-phone shots. I just got a new phone and my gmail google-groups password is not set up in this device, so I call Marilyn and ask her to post it and send her some pics. Then, later i hear about the post earlier in the week. Well I don’t look at COBirds that often so the post is waaaay down the list. NOW i see it. But I’m still not completely convinced because I was sure they were moving! Marilyn doesn’t know how to I remove a post in COBirds, so it stays up. So, on the way back we stopped at the park and now the sun it out and I can see that all three pairs are right where we left them, and I can see that the neck and head have a seam near the base. Sorry kids, excitement got the best of me on this one. . . Beers are on me. . .

Karl Stecher Jr.

Mar 15, 2020, 12:54:14 AM3/15/20
to jroller9@gmail.com revans9173@aol.com mcburger3@juno.com KBrandin@rcn.com KBrandin@rcn.com mcburger3@juno.com revans9173@aol.com cageorgiadis@yahoo.com Kezgold@comcast.net Peggy.Gonder@GonderPR.com pat_heller@msn.com d_d_hill@comcast.net hoovie710@comcast.net dpkibbe@msn.com ltlevinson@comcast.net cmadsen08@gmail.com LM1Crow@aol.com kay@kayniyo.com cloverlane@aol.com sheasanborn@yahoo.com dseiden5068@me.com ricconcal@comcast.net ricconcal@comcast.net hstra10@comcast.net KBrandin@rcn.com egseagle171@aol.com karenvs@comcast.net bruwebb@surewest.net Huse@aol.com, jrol...@gmail.com, endi...@gmail.com, Colorado Birds
I am sending this message to Joe on Cobirds, rather than Facebook, as it has a wider (and more pertinent) audience:  Happy Birthday, Joe.  And, since it is 3/14...do regard pi as a piece of pie or a slice of pie?

Karl Stecher
Aurora

Ira Sanders

Mar 15, 2020, 8:36:26 AM3/15/20
to Karl Stecher, jroller9@gmail.com revans9173@aol.com mcburger3@juno.com KBrandin@rcn.com KBrandin@rcn.com mcburger3@juno.com revans9173@aol.com cageorgiadis@yahoo.com Kezgold@comcast.net Peggy.Gonder@GonderPR.com pat_heller@msn.com d_d_hill@comcast.net hoovie710@comcast.net dpkibbe@msn.com ltlevinson@comcast.net cmadsen08@gmail.com LM1Crow@aol.com kay@kayniyo.com cloverlane@aol.com sheasanborn@yahoo.com dseiden5068@me.com ricconcal@comcast.net ricconcal@comcast.net hstra10@comcast.net KBrandin@rcn.com egseagle171@aol.com karenvs@comcast.net bruwebb@surewest.net Huse@aol.com, Joe Roller, endi...@gmail.com, Colorado Birds
Just because this was a pic of the decoys, or art, or whatever it is meant to be, is that a reason to take the pic down from the facebook page?
I'd like to see it.
Ira Sanders
Golden, CO

--