basemar trap

William H Kaempfer

Nov 13, 2017, 2:21:34 PM11/13/17
to cob...@googlegroups.com

the skunk creek spot now has an adult male Black-throated Blue Warbler

Bill Kaempfer

Sent via my Samsung Galaxy, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

William H Kaempfer

Nov 13, 2017, 3:09:42 PM11/13/17
to William H Kaempfer, cob...@googlegroups.com
Shortly afterwards I saw a Black-throated Gray Warbler with Black-capped Chickadees South of the apartment building that's South of Skunk Creek.

Sent via my Samsung Galaxy, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Mark Minner-lee

Nov 13, 2017, 6:13:49 PM11/13/17
to william....@colorado.edu, cob...@googlegroups.com
Black-throated Blue still being observed along skunk creek and Basemar by many as of 4:00 PM.  Varied Thrush absent-

Regards,

Mark Minner-Lee
Broomfield, CO

Sent from my iPhone

Nathan Pieplow

Nov 13, 2017, 7:05:32 PM11/13/17
to markrmi...@gmail.com, William H Kaempfer, cob...@googlegroups.com
The Varied Thrush showed up right before dusk to join the warbler. A sweet pair of county birds waiting for me upon my return from the Rio Grande Valley Birding Festival. Thanks to all who found them and posted!

Nathan Pieplow
Boulder

On Nov 13, 2017, at 1:09 PM, William H Kaempfer <William....@Colorado.EDU> wrote:

Shortly afterwards I saw a Black-throated Gray Warbler with Black-capped Chickadees South of the apartment building that's South of Skunk Creek.

Sent via my Samsung Galaxy, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

the skunk creek spot now has an adult male Black-throated Blue Warbler

Bill Kaempfer

Sent via my Samsung Galaxy, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Christian Nunes

Nov 14, 2017, 8:56:49 AM11/14/17
to cob...@googlegroups.com
The Varied Thrush is present about 150 feet downstream from the Broadway underpass just before 7. Hopping about on rocks and leaf litter in and next to the stream.

Christian Nunes
Lyons, CO
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+u...@googlegroups.com.

John Malenich

Nov 14, 2017, 10:05:33 PM11/14/17
to Colorado Birds
Varied Thrush seen again around 4:30pm today. Black-throated Blue also still present.

John Malenich
Boulder, CO

Luke Pheneger

Nov 15, 2017, 9:21:15 AM11/15/17
to Colorado Birds
BTBW continues, no VATH yet.

Gregg Goodrich

Nov 15, 2017, 12:43:43 PM11/15/17
to Colorado Birds
BTBL still here at 10:40 AM. Seen by at least 12 birders. Likes ground and willow trees. So may be high or low.

Gregg Goodrich
Highlands Ranch

PH Stoltz

Nov 17, 2017, 12:37:31 PM11/17/17
to Colorado Birds

I had no luck finding the BTBW this morning around 8:30am.  I looked all along the trap for about 20 minutes from the Broadway bridge to 28th St underpass.  One other birder was looking as well.  We both lamented that we're probably a day or two too late.

Lots of birds, though!  A couple Spotted Towhees and a Townsend's Solitaire were the highlights (those were further northeast, closer to High Peaks Elementary School).  Also saw (and heard...making lots of noise) a Belted Kingfisher at the ponds on East Boulder research campus.

Happy Friday, all.

Susan Rosine

Nov 19, 2017, 11:02:33 AM11/19/17
to Colorado Birds
I was there on Thursday 16th and no one could find either bird that morning. But, sounds like some people did see the Warbler on Friday 17th, and some did not. Also, the Thrush may have reappeared?
Did anyone see either of these birds on Saturday 18th?
Trying to decide if it's worth driving up there and trying again.
Susan Rosine
Thornton

Kevin DeBoer

Nov 19, 2017, 5:43:26 PM11/19/17
to Colorado Birds
I'm here right now. About to give up. I've been here for an hour and a half and haven't seen either bird. I walked both up and down the creek. The habitat on the other side of Broadway seems very favorable with berry and juniper trees. Lots of Robins, Waxwings, Starlings and a couple Solitaires in a constant feast.

I followed the steam through the neighborhood back to a cemetery. There's not much visibility or access until the cemetery but the habitat looks good along the whole length.

Lots of places for the Thrush to hang out and eat if it wants, but no luck for me.