Surf Scoter and Black-bellied Plovers, LUNA, Weld Co.

Todd Deininger

Oct 21, 2015, 9:07:26 PM10/21/15
to co-birds
I stopped by LUNA after work and saw the Surf Scoter reported yesterday.  Also, 3 Black-bellied Plover were on the spit.  They disappeared around 5pm after something spooked the large group of Ring-billed Gulls, 46 Franklin's Gulls and 1 Herring Gull for the second time.  We could not see what spooked them.

--
Todd Deininger
Longmont, CO

Tom Behnfield

Oct 22, 2015, 8:41:16 PM10/22/15
to Colorado Birds
I visited LUNA today about 4PM. Alas, no Scoter or Plovers, but a good number of ducks, especially Ruddys. I'm looking for some help here, because in the area beyond the sandspits (to the South,) I viewed 2 white Geese that could very well have been Ross's, Snow, or domestic. I was quite a ways from them, and clouds/fog was rolling in. They only appeared for a moment, and their reddish bills appeared smaller than that of a Snow Goose. Has anyone seen these geese besides me?

Good birding,

Tom Behnfield
Lakewood, CO
behn...@q.com