Long-tailed Duck - Fossil Creek Reservoir (Larimer)

John Shenot

Feb 23, 2019, 6:20:32 PM2/23/19
to Colorado Birds
Nick Komar and I saw a female (or juvenile?) Long-tailed Duck at Fossil Creek Reservoir around mid-day today. It was seen earlier in the day by another birder and may be the same individual bird reported at this site earlier in February. We saw it from the pier near the parking lot. More than a dozen other duck species were also seen.

John Shenot
Fort Collins, CO

robert beauchamp

Feb 24, 2019, 2:01:09 PM2/24/19
to Colorado Birds
Long-tailed Duck continuing again today (Sunday, Feb. 24). Seen from the viewing platform just below the parking area at about 11 a.m. The bird spends the majority of time underwater, so be patient.
Robert Beauchamp
Fort Collins

Rich Roberts

Feb 25, 2019, 9:26:06 PM2/25/19
to Colorado Birds
No sighting this afternoon of the Long-tailed Duck
Rich Roberts
Timnath CO