American Dipper South Platte Park Mineral Bridge

Jan G

Feb 15, 2020, 7:50:51 PM2/15/20
to Colorado Birds
Saw an American Dipper today under the Mineral Street Bridge at South Platte Park bopping away and swimming in the cold current for food. Tried to upload a video, but my only options were photos or audio, so it appears eBird only allows certain people or certain formats of a certain size...

I also think I saw a Says Phoebe which isn't common there this time of the year. I posted a photo on eBird and would welcome comments. It had a definite phoebe slanted head crest that I was not able to capture before it flew off. Checklist is here: https://ebird.org/checklist/S64515762

Jan Gorski
Douglas County, CO

Rosanne Juergens

Feb 16, 2020, 3:10:30 PM2/16/20
to Colorado Birds
Hi Jan,
 Thanks for the heads up about the American Dipper. I found it today around 11:45am. It was underwater for a time then popped up onto its favorite little rock mid bridge structure.

I did not see the phoebe, but I noted last year having seen one at Carson on February 16th. So right on time!
Rosanne Juergens
Centennial