Tanagers - on Channel 9 news tonight

Hugh Kingery

May 30, 2019, 6:50:19 PM5/30/19
to cob...@googlegroups.com, dougl...@googlegroups.com
Corky from 9News spent a couple of hours at the Audubon Nature Center at Chatfield interviewing Bob Santangelo & Karl Brummert about the tanager pageant this month (Of course, no tanagers showed up for his camera).

The segment will air on the 6 pm news (though I doubt at 6 pm). Apparently you can get it online somehow after 7 pm.

Hugh Kingery

Lesley Brown

May 30, 2019, 9:46:19 PM5/30/19
to Colorado Birds
Thank you for the heads up, Hugh.  We recorded it, and while watching the playback we see a photo of a tanager on a jelly feeder, I thought wow, there's another Lesley Brown who has Western Tanagers!  LOL, it was my shot.  Just a little mind-blowing to see my name and pic on TV.  : )

We are still having multiple and frequent visits to the feeders by the tanagers, just a little while ago we had 4 males at one time.  This tanager spring is memorable.  I hope the birds get into their usual pattern soon, for their sake.  But I will saturate my eyes while I can.  : )