Bird Conservancy of the Rockies - Barr Banding Report, 9/15/22

Meredith McBurney

Sep 16, 2022, 7:45:19 PM9/16/22
to Colorado Birds
A slow day for mid-season, with only 22 new birds caught (plus 13 birds recaught that were banded earlier this season).  Today's visitors - first an ornithology class from Front Range Community College and then super birders Hugh and Urling Kingery, Nina Routh and Norm Lewis - kept things interesting.  Thanks to all who come out to share the birds with us!

Here is the breakdown of today's new birds:

Mourning Dove 1
Downy Woodpecker 1 (plus we had 2 recaps at the same time)
Western Wood-pewee 2
White-breasted Nuthatch 1 (FOS)
House Wren 1
Blue-grey Gnatcatcher 1
Orange-crowned Warbler 3
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Audubon's 2
Common Yellowthroat 1
Wilson's Warbler 7
Green-tailed Towhee 1
Song Sparrow 1

If you'd like to enjoy fall birds up close and personal, please come visit!  You do need a reservation - just click here! we are offering one-hour slots (up to 15 visitors at a time) from 7:30-8:30 most weekdays (closed Mondays), and 8-9, 9-10, and 10-11 on weekends.

Meredith McBurney
Bander, Barr Lake Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies