Bird Conservancy of the Rockies - Barr Lake Banding Report, 9/26/21

Meredith McBurney

Sep 26, 2021, 8:23:07 PM9/26/21
to Colorado Birds
Our slowest day of a very slow season, with only 5 birds banded.  We actually had more recaps (7) - birds banded previously this season that we caught again.  The highlight of the day was a return - a bird banded in a previous season.  This was a House Wren, banded as a hatch year on August 29, 2017 and not caught again until today.  Here are the 5 new plus the 1 return:

House Wren 1 return
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 2
Wilson's Warbler 1
Lincoln's Sparrow 1
White-crowned Sparrow, Gambel's 1

We are open 6 days a week, weather permitting through October 23.  Closed Mondays.  Click here to register to visit - we are offering one-hour slots (up to 12 visitors at a time); 7:30-8:30 most weekdays, and 8-9, 9-10, and 10-11 on weekends.  Come visit!

Meredith McBurney
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies