Saturday May25 Lower Latham

Robert A. Spencer

May 26, 2013, 11:12:21 PM5/26/13
to Cob...@googlegroups.com
Hi cobirders. My son Bob took me out to Lower Latham. Arrived soon
after 10AM on Rod 48. The ranch meadow to the south was flooded over
a wide area to the south.
Highlights here were : WELD county

Black-necked Stilts about 10
AmerIcan Avocet 8
Wilson Snipe 1 feeding in the grass west corner near the road.
Red-necked Phalarope many with
Wilson Phalarope
Blue-winged Teal few
Cinnamon Teal also few
Stilt Sandpipers 3
Black-bellied Plover 1 getting its breeding plumage

Further along the road :
Marsh Wrens heard and some seen well both sides near the road in
green reeds.
Eastern Kingbird ( first seen this year)
Great-tailed Grackle 5

Down on Road 42 at Beebe Draw pond :
American Avocet 6 Stilt Sandpiper 2
Killdeer
Spotted Sandpiper
some ducks and lots of
Black Angus cattle.

Took Rd 47 back up to road 44 and in the NE corner is a large Prairie
Dog town
Burrowing Owl 1 on distant post and a good show by one on a nearby
mound.

Lunch at Kersey then east on US 34 to road 59 south:
A pond on both sides of the road:
White-faced Ibis 3, then 9
Black-necked Stilts 4
Blue-winged Teal 4
Cinnamon Teal 2
Yellow-headed Blackbirds in swampy area of the west pond. 6

Loloff Reservoir new there were:
White-rumped Sandpipers 5

Great water bird day.

Bob Spencer N.E. of Golden