Jefferson, Douglas, Arapahoe Encounters...

已查看 42 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Jared Del Rosso

未读,
2023年5月30日 13:01:522023/5/30
收件人 Colorado Birds
Today -- On a dog walk along the High Line Canal in Greenwood Village / Centennial today (Arapahoe), I heard a Cordilleran Flycatcher at a location where they've seemed to nest since at least 2018.

Last night -- At Daniels Park (Douglas County), I heard at least one, probably two Common Poorwills. It was around 9:00ish.

Sunday - At Beaver Ranch (Jefferson County), Evening Grosbeaks are singing and calling from everywhere. I'd only previously encountered this species one time, a lone male up in Estes Park. So it's fun to see and hear multiple.

Not yet -- Common Nighthawks in Centennial (for me). This is later than I usually encounter one; however, I haven't been as diligent this year -- having had some wonderful encounters with them in New York state in mid-May following a Mayfly hatch and having too many Nuggets and Celtics games to watch through dusk.

- Jared Del Rosso
Centennial, CO
回复全部
回复作者