Barr Banding Station Update, 9/27/15

meredith

Sep 27, 2015, 6:30:25 PM9/27/15
to Colorado Birds
VERY SLOW day at Barr - Slowest day of the season so far. Banded 10 birds and caught another 6 that had been banded earlier in the season.  Closed early due to the heat.  Time for a weather change!  Here's the 10:

House Wren 2
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1
Swainson's Thrush 1
Hermit Thrush 1
Orange-crowned Warbler 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Audubon's 3
Wilson's Warbler 1

No sparrows!

We are open 6 days per week, weather permitting, for 2 more weeks (through Sunday, October 11). This week we will be closed on Thursday, 10/1. We are opening nets at 6:30, and run until noon or whenever it gets too hot or too windy or too whatever. School groups arrive about 9:30 a.m. most weekdays.

Meredith McBurney
Biologist/Bander
Barr Lake Banding Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies